Patience my little grasshoppas, these posts take a while.
After taking a pole of my jungle buddies, I’ve come up with a list of characteristic clothing items worn by old school junglists. While techno snobs look serious, junglists look tuff. As always post a comment with any additional suggestions. Always looking for more/better pics. Thanks to Toronto Jungle for keeping their shit online and in a relatively accessible format.
1. Cargo pants/capris/skirts (eg. UFOs)
2. Crack hats
Military brimmed hats from army surplus stores, come in a variety of colours. Allegedly the colour used to determine what type of drugs you were selling, but that’s probably an urban legend. Baseball hats and kangols are acceptable alternatives. All were worn low over the eyes so no one could see how high you were, or cocked off to the side slightly.
3. Tshirts/tanks often with logos, can be fitted or baggy, (eg. athletic logos, label tees, Ecko, SNUG, Drumz, Mecca, FUBU, Stussy).
4. Sweat towels/sweat bands
5. Bandanas: EVERYWHERE – tied around wrists, ankles, head. Ladies liked to wear em with the knot above the forehead like Rosie the Riveter. Also an acceptable substitute for a sweat towel.
6. Lightas – you know, for waving above your head.
7. Puffy jackets/vests
8. Hoodies/zip ups – because a puffy jacket ain’t that tuff
9. Camo/military anything
10. Fat wooden beads/chain necklaces
11. Athletic shoes – Adidas, trainers, skate shoes, DC, Vans